Please note our Netiquette for your comments on our social media channels and for online communication with each other.
Add something on töp – all together!
A little more respect, empathy and charity in the WWW.
We offer you the space for this on this website - but also on
We are looking forward to a lively, factual and friendly exchange with you - no matter if it is suggestions, personal opinions, praise, criticism and sometimes even anger. But especially for the latter we see limits. Please read ...
Our rules for digital politeness
What you need to know
- If the channel is in English, please also write in this language
- As an international company, our common language is English. In order not to exclude your fellow users from communication, you should therefore write your posts and comments in English. For posts in other languages we ask for an additional translation.
- Authenticity: Always write your posts under your name, don't pretend to be someone else.
- umlaut reserves the right to delete posts that cannot be assigned to a specific user.
- Respect the rights of others! For example, do not post photos of people who have not explicitly agreed to the publication, or without the permission of the photographer if you did not take the photo yourself.
- Comments and reviews are public. We reserve the right to show and share your content on our channels. You can object to this by placing two asterisks (**) in front of your comments.
- Expressions of opinion should always be marked as such.
Our tips for you
- Be nice to each other! A respectful and friendly atmosphere is not only our way of life.
- Everyone has - within the legal framework - the right to their free opinion. The opinion should be able to be justified with arguments.
- Cynicism, irony and sarcasm are hard to recognise when written. Please be careful with these stylistic devices.
- Don’t get provoked, stay objective.
- Words written completely in capital letters or multiple exclamation marks are perceived as "shouting".
- Do not publish your personal data or phone numbers.
- Report inappropriate posts.
- Note that there is only "a human" sitting opposite you, not a computer.
- Keep your texts short.
- Pay attention to spelling and punctuation, so that people understand you well.
What is not allowed
- Verbal attacks, insults, threats, discrimination, defamation, libel and slander of any kind
- Calls for violence and the glorification of violence
- Right-wing extremist ideas, racism and hate propaganda
- Pornography and obscenities
- Election and party advertising
- Comments with promotional purpose or other commercial content
- Infringement of the rights of third parties, e.g. quotations without indication of source
- Appeals for donations, campaigns or rallies
- Non-topic-related comments and discussions
- Links to external websites without reference to the topic
- Publication of private and personal data (e.g. addresses, e-mail addresses or telephone numbers of third parties)
- Spamming, trolling and bashing
We reserve the right to delete comments if they do not comply with these rules and to block people who repeatedly violate the netiquette. Every user is responsible for the posts he or she publishes. umlaut does not assume any liability for them.
We reserve the right to adapt the netiquette.
It takes every one of you! Don't put your energy into anger, resentment and hate - invest it in a healthy digital coexistence.
Please always communicate with us directly via the comment functions of the channels.
In very urgent cases please text us with the subject "Online Editorial Team" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buzz Topics